Cuba tourist bus crash kills 3 locals, four foreigners
Two Argentine women, a German woman and a French man were among those killed in the accident on Thursday, Radio Guantanamo said. Of the 40 passengers on the bus that crashed on a scenic but hazardous stretch of road between the eastern towns of Baracoa and Guantanamo, 22 were foreigners.
Witnesses told state-run Cuban News Agency that the driver had tried to overtake another vehicle but lost control on the wet road, resulting in the bus flipping over. (Reporting by Sarah Marsh and Nelson Acosta; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- Body recovered from wreck of plane carrying Argentine footballer Sala
- UPDATE 1-German industrial output falls, raising risk of recession
- Coman shoots Bayern to quarters of German Cup
- Investors' sentiment hurt by weak German data; euro falls
- BRIEF-German Cartel Office: If Facebook Doesn't implement, Fines Can Reach 10 Pct Of Its Revenues