Rugby-Williams released from Wales Six Nations squad
Better news for coach Warren Gatland has been the return to training of fullback Leigh Halfpenny, flyhalf Rhys Patchell, and prop Leon Brown. "Scott Williams has been released from the 2019 Six Nations squad to continue rehabilitation of his back injury at his region," a statement from Welsh Rugby said on Wednesday.
"It is felt that his injury will preclude him from taking a competitive part in the competition." Williams, who has 57 caps, watched from the sidelines as Wales opened their Six Nations campaign with a 24-19 victory over France in Paris and a 26-15 success at home to Italy.
They are next in action against England in Cardiff in what is a potential title decider on Feb. 23. (Reporting By Nick Said Editing by Christian Radnedge)
- Housing Minister opens 11 state homes for elderly near Whangarei Hospital
- Climate change serious threat to countries in Himalayan region: Study
- Sabarimala: Kanakadurga allowed to stay in husband's home
- Home Ministry seeks action against Kolkata Police chief amid CBI dispute
- New Delhi, Jan 5 (PTI) These are the top stories from the northern region at 4.30 pm