Amit Shah attacks BJD, says Odisha is backward due to inaction of CM Patnaik
BJP president Amit Shah on Tuesday slammed the ruling BJD, saying Odisha remains backward despite flow of huge funds from the Centre due to "inefficiency" and "inaction" on the part of the Naveen Patnaik government.
Addressing BJP workers at Kulia in Cuttack district, Shah said BJP will retain power at the Centre because the Narendra Modi government has sincerely worked for the welfare and development of the poor and people belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes. He also said that the Mahagathbandhan (grand alliance) of opposition parties was devoid of leader and policy. How can they form a strong Govt? Shah asked.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 13 arrested in Lahore for defying government's ban on kite flying
- UPDATE 1-Lebanese c. bank governor: dollar offered in market since government formed
- German government may buy stakes in firms to avoid key takeovers
- Government mulls agri-business index to implement efficient reforms
- Stopping Haj subsidy will land Rs 450 cr in Pakistan government's account