Train services hit as protesters block tracks
Train services were affected in Eastern Railway's Sealdah division Monday due to blockade of tracks by agitators at five places, an official said. The blockade at the five stations - Titagarh, Kanchrapara, Dum Dum Cantonment, Bongaon and Dum Dum junction stations began at around 4 pm, ER spokesman Nikhil Chakraborty said.
Several EMU local trains were detained at different stations in the Sealdah Main and Sealdah-Bongaon sections owing to the agitation. Efforts are on to persuade the agitators to lift the blockade, which is due to non-railway issues, Chakraborty said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Skywalk linking South Campus with Dhaula Kuan Metro stations opens
- Pradhan launches guidelines for setting up of DODO CNG stations
- 863 police stations without building, 273 without vehicle, 267 without phone: Ahir
- 170 out of 182 Delhi police stations have functional CCTVs, HC informed
- Delhi Police informs HC about number of CCTVs installed at police stations