Talathi, another official held while taking bribe
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) arrested two revenue officials while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 7,000 in the district Wednesday. Inspector Gajendra Kshirsagar of Yavatmal ACB said the bureau had received a complaint against talathi (village-level revenue official) Rajesh Taksande (46) and Circle Officer Sanjeev Rohankar.
After some negotiations, the duo allegedly agreed to reduce the bribe to Rs 7,000, the police official said. On Wednesday, ACB sleuths laid a trap and arrested the duo when Taksande allegedly accepted the cash from the complainant in the presence of Rohankar at a revenue office at village Varadh.
The duo were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act..
- UPDATE 1-Australian court bars new coal mine project in landmark win for green lobby
- Cricket-Poor Windies tour can open doors to England test side - Buttler
- UPDATE 1-Thailand to investigate disappearance of Vietnamese asylum-seeker
- AgustaWestland chopper case: Delhi court seeks agencies' reply on alleged middleman Christian Michel's bail application by Feb 12.
- UPDATE 1-Finland's basic income trial fails to spur employment