Puducherry CM protest against Governor gets DMK support
DMK Chief MK Stalin spoke to Narayanasamy to discuss the issue and expressed his concern over the matter.
Narayanasamy said, “I thank MK Stalin who extended his support. We are getting support not only from Tamil Nadu but all over the country. We have 39 issues out of which helmet issue is one of them, all these issues have been created by Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi.”
Earlier in the day, he has said that Bedi is being encouraged by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to create problems for his government.
Bedi has been at loggerheads with the Puducherry government on various issues with Narayanasamy accusing her of delaying clearance to welfare schemes and bypassing the elected government.
On Wednesday, the chief minister had begun a protest outside the Raj Bhawan, the official residence of Governor Kiran Bedi alleging that she was misusing her powers and also interfering in the day-to-day activities of the government.
Protesting outside the Raj Bhawan wearing black clothes, Narayanasamy alleged that Bedi was forcing upon the law-abiding citizen's rules such as the compulsory wearing of helmets among others. (ANI)
- Sudan protesters chant 'freedom' as police fire tear gas
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ends her dharna
- France's yellow vest protesters join union march
- France says Di Maio meeting with "yellow vest" protesters "unacceptable provocation"
- French foreign ministry denounced Italian dy PM meet with 'yellow vests' protesters