Minor boy shot dead during religious congregation in Etah, U.P
He was rushed to a nearby medical facility where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The 14-year-old was part of the crowd that had gathered to hear the 'Bhagwad Katha'. He died on the spot after being hit by a bullet that was apparently shot to 'kill' Kans in the act being enacted on the stage.
Senior police officials rushed to the crime scene at the Bhaduiya Math village.
An official told IANS that it had been decided that the dummy of Kans hanging on a tree near the temple - venue of he congregation, would be shot and killed. The 14-year-old Pradeep who was watching the show was however shot in the chest in the firing that ensued.
He was rushed to a nearby medical facility where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Sanjay Kumar, additional superintendent of police (ASP) informed that a probe has been ordered and the body has been sent for post-mortem.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- HIGHLIGHTS-Soccer-January transfer deadline day moves
- UPDATE 6-Over 20 dead in U.S. polar vortex, frostbite amputations feared
- Eight dead in US Midwest as region shivers in grip of its worst cold snap
- Jammu-Srinagar national highway remains shut for second consecutive day
- US Senate introduces bill to combat tech-specific threats to national security