Citizenship Bill: BJP will always protect interests of Assam, says PM Modi
As the BJP faces heat over the Citizenship Bill in the northeast, Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday said his party will always protect the interests of Assam. Taking to Twitter, he also thanked the people of the state for supporting the Bharatiya Janata Party in elections to three tribal autonomous councils.
"Gratitude to my sisters and brothers of Assam for the strong support to @BJP4Assam in polls to three Tribal Autonomous Councils in the state. The @BJP4India is fully committed towards the development and prosperity of Assam," he said. The BJP has won several seats in the autonomous council polls.
Modi said the government will "always protect the interests of the state. " "Several initiatives of the central and Assam government have contributed towards transforming lives of the citizens of Assam," he wrote. Several BJP allies in the northeast will meet in Guwahati Tuesday against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Assam to inform, engage citizens on state Budget via social media platforms
- Andhra government signs deal with Anil Kumble's management firm TENVIC
- Assam CM calls on students to resist protests against Citizenship Bill
- By targeting Mamata Bannerjee, government is playing with fire: Shtarughan Sinha
- Social media to be used in Assam to aid budget presentation by government