Sonia Gandhi lauds efforts of Rahul Gandhi ahead of Lok Sabha polls
UPA Chairman Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday lavished praise on her son and Congress President Rahul Gandhi for taking "head on" the Modi government and the BJP. Addressing members of the Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) here, she said the victory of the party in the Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls had given new hope and the party will contest the Lok Sabha battle with renewed confidence.
"Our opponents were earlier projected as being invincible. The Congress President took them head-on, mobilizing and motivating lakhs of our workers who, with him, gave their all," she said. "We won in what were believed to be their strongholds. That demonstrated our resilience. The people of our country are wise. They know that 'jumlabaazi' is no substitute for sensitive and responsive governance."
Sonia Gandhi said Rahul Gandhi had brought fresh energy into the party. "He has put together a team which blends experience and youth well. He has worked tirelessly. He has also reached out to other political parties who share our vision of India."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Chandrababu Naidu urge TDP members to stage protest during Modi's Andhra visit
- VHP-AHP building dispute: Members flock disputed property; no violence reported
- 'Bahubali' team members, chef Sanjeev Kapoor to attend PM's event hosted by Akshaya Patra
- Arab League shows no sign of consensus to reinstate Syria's membership
- Congress in talks with opposition members to defeat Citizinenship bill in Rajya Sabha