Audio clip row: Yeddyurappa ready to give Rs 10 crore to each MLA, claims Karnataka Congress leader
Speaking to ANI on an alleged conversation between Yeddyurappa and a JD(S) MLA's son, the Congress leader said: "Why they are scared of SIT? Believe in SIT and face consequences. Also, we heard that he (Yeddyurappa) may raise Rs 5,000-10,000 per vote to come back to power. For one MLA, he is ready to give Rs 10 crore."
The controversial audio clip released by Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy allegedly contains a conversation between BJP's state president Yeddyurappa and JD(S) MLA Nagangouda Kandkur’s son Sharanagouda. Kumaraswamy alleged that Yeddyurappa was purportedly trying to lure a JD(S) MLA.
After the Karnataka Assembly Speaker’s direction, Chief Minister Kumaraswamy had constituted a SIT to probe the audio clip incident. He ordered that the probe in the matter should be finished within 15 days. (ANI)
- BS Yeddyurappa says party will not move no confidence motion in Karnataka assembly
- Brazil Speaker Maia: pension reform first on legislative agenda
- UPDATE 1-Brazil Speaker Maia: Pension reform first on legislative agenda
- Ruckus in Karnataka Assembly after BJP leaders claim 'no govt' in protests
- Defiant Congress MLAs absent from opening day of Karnataka assembly session