GSLV-7A launch will enhance communication capabilities: Air Chief Marshal
Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa said Wednesday the launch of satellite GSLV-7A would enhance the networking and communication capabilities of the Air Force.
"We have several platforms (aircraft) which have capabilities of communication through satellite. The communication to the platform (aircraft) through the satellite will be made possible with this launch," he told reporters here.
ISRO will launch the military satellite GSLV-7A at 4.10 pm from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
Dhanoa was at the Jodhpur air base to interact with the contingents of the Indian Air Force and the Russian Aerospace Forces, who are participating in the joint exercise, 'Avia Indra-18', from December 10-21.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- GSAT-31 satellite to provide communication services to mainland, islands: ISRO
- IAM in discussion with ISRO to ensure medical facilities to crew members
- ISRO programme RESPOND encouraging academia to participate in R&D activities
- IAM in talks with ISRO to provide medical support to Gaganyaan
- Govt nod to new company to seek commercial gains from ISROs research work