Dhawal Kulkarni returns to Mumbai Ranji Trophy squad
Experienced pacer Dhawal Kulkarni, who was left out of the game against Vidarbha, has returned to the Mumbai Ranji Trophy squad for their inconsequential last group A tie against Chhattisgarh. The match will be played at the Wankhede Stadium here from January 7 to 10. Experienced wicketkeeper-batsman Aditya Tare and batting mainstay Shreyas Iyer have been left out of the 15-member squad. Mumbai are already out contention for a quarter final berth and will be playing to avoid relegation to Group C.
According to an MCA insider, Kulkarni was left out of the last game in Nagpur as the selectors did not want to include three pacers who were coming back from injuries and had opted for Shardul Thakur and Tushar Deshpande. Openers Jay Bista and Vikrant Auti have retained their places. Middle-order rookie batsman Yashashwi Jaiswal has made a comeback to the squad. All rounders Shivam Dube and Shubham Ranjane have also retained their places. Squad: Siddhesh Lad (Captain), Dhawal Kulkarni, Jay Bista, Eknath Kerkar, Vikrant Auti, Shubham Ranjane,Shivam Dube, Dhrumil Matkar, Karsh Kothari, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shardul Thakur, Minad Manjrekar, Tushar Deshpande, Royston Dias and Tanush Kotian.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 14-nation Lima Group plans pressure campaign against Maduro govt
- Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair announces group's restructuring post Q3 loss
- Crestron Flex solutions provide simple, consistent user experience in all workplaces
- MS Dhoni moves up three places in latest ICC rankings for ODI batsmen
- Pak minority groups brief US Congressman over human rights abuses