After ruling on Monday that some the players were not registered for the match, Lega Serie C's disciplinary committee disqualified the team from the competition and handed Cuneo a walkover 3-0 win. The Italian football federation (FIGC) later said the club had been disaffiliated due to "the serious regulatory violations which occurred at the Cuneo-Pro Piacenza match added to the other numerous documented irregularities."
Soccer-Italy's Serie C kicks out club that lost 20-0 with seven-man team
An Italian third division club which cobbled together a seven-man team and lost 20-0 on Sunday has been thrown out of the league. Pro Piacenza's first team squad and coaching staff refused to travel for the game at Cuneo due to unpaid wages, leaving the financially troubled team to start with six teenagers and a 39-year-old physiotherapist -- the only players they could find.
READ MORE ON : FIGCcommitteeItalian sausageplayersSan AntonioStanding committeeNorthSelect committeeTreatment and control groupsNorth AfricaFood groupGroup sexItaliancoaching staffAudit committeeInterpersonal relationshipSocial mediaGroup Policyteenagersgroup
- UK Parliament committee pitches for taking Indians hit by Windrush scandal onboard
- Search committee has recommended 3 panel of names for appointing chairperson, judicial & non-judicial members of Lokpal: AG tells SC.
- Will tell DoPT Secretary to ensure convening of meetings of selection committee for appointment of Lokpal as soon as possible: AG to SC.
- SC asks AG to inform within 10 days possible date for meeting of selection committee for appointment of Lokpal
- Students await examination committee meeting after answer sheets go missing