Akhilesh Ranjan to head task force on direct tax code
The panel will submit its report by February 28 next year, it said in a statement.
"The government has appointed Akhilesh Ranjan, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) as convenor of the task force. Other members of the task force remain unchanged," an official statement said.
The government had constituted the six-member task force in November 2017 to draft a new direct tax law in consonance with the economic needs of the country with Arbind Modi as its head and Girish Ahuja, Rajiv Memani, Mukesh Patel, Mansi Kedia and G.C. Srivastava as members.
Modi retired in September.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- "International politics can't base itself on ultimatums": Venezuela's Maduro
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi start cross examination of complainant in National Herald case
- Indian national pleads guilty to role in dangerous human smuggling conspiracy