Chinese yuan strengthens 45 basis points to 6.8586 against US dollar
The central parity rate of the Chinese currency renminbi, or the yuan, strengthened 45 basis points to 6.8586 against the US dollar Friday, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trade System. In China's spot foreign exchange market, the yuan is allowed to rise or fall by 2 percent from the central parity rate each trading day, Xinhua news agency reported. The central parity rate of the yuan against the US dollar is based on a weighted average of prices offered by market makers before the opening of the interbank market each business day.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- DIARY-Emerging Markets Economic Events to March 29
- US authorities crackdown on Chinese birth tourism businesses, 20 charged
- US-China had "candid, specific and fruitful" discussions: Chinese delegation
- Chinese stocks rise ahead of week-long Lunar New Year holidays
- FOCUS-Budweiser spends big on Super Bowl, targets small markets