Transport News Roundup-Limited edition Maseratis, Acquisition of Tower International by Autokiniton and much more
The global traffic road marking coatings market size is likely to reach USD 6.30 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 5.0%. Technological advancement is an important factor for market growth as countries are becoming more concerned about public health and safety.Devdiscourse News Desk | Sonepat | Updated: 08-08-2019 09:31 IST | Created: 08-08-2019 09:31 IST
Maserati Showcases Exclusive Limited Editions at Monterey Car Week
Visitors to Monterey Car Week will have the exclusive opportunity to order one of 100 limited edition Maseratis with PELLETESSUTA™ woven leather interiors made by Zegna for the 2020 model year. A limited number of 50 Quattroporte sedans and 50 Levante SUVs will be available in North America. As part of an on-going partnership that began with the innovation of the first-ever silk interiors in the automotive sector, the next chapter opens with a limited production of woven leather PELLETESSUTA™ interiors and exclusive exterior colors.
Viasat Inc., a global communications company, announced today JetBlue selected the Viasat in-flight connectivity (IFC) system for the airline's new fleet of 70 Airbus A220-300 aircraft - for delivery beginning in 2020, with the option for 50 additional aircraft.
JetBlue and Viasat have maintained a long-lasting partnership, first launching the Viasat-powered Fly-Fi in-flight Wi-Fi service in December 2013. Since the initial introduction, the two companies have received numerous accolades for bringing free, high-speed, high-quality in-flight Wi-Fi to every seat on-board, with JetBlue being further recognized as the only airline to offer free, fast and full in-flight Wi-Fi capabilities-from streaming, web browsing and more-across the airline's entire fleet.
Seaspan Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
Seaspan Corporation announced its financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2019. Highlights for the Second Quarter and First Half of 2019:
- Closed innovative new $1.0 billion portfolio financing program
- Achieved vessel utilization of 98.7% for the second quarter and 98.4% for the first half
- Operating earnings of $110.4 million for the second quarter and $454.5 million for the first half
- Earnings per diluted share of $0.10 for the second quarter and $1.34 for the first half; changes in fair value of financial instruments contributed a loss of $0.07 per diluted share for the second quarter and a loss of $0.07 per diluted share for the first half
- Cash flow from operations of $369.9 million for the second quarter and $499.2 million for the first half
Porsche celebrates 20 years of the 911 GT3
20 years ago, Porsche introduced a new 911 model the 911 GT3. Named after a class of endurance racing cars, the motorsport-derived variant focused on-track performance and particularly visceral driving experience by offering motorsport technology for the road. A high-revving naturally-aspirated flat-six engine closely related to the engine used in motorsports, rear-wheel drive, lightweight construction, upgraded aerodynamics, and track-focused suspension and brake systems have been defining characteristics of this model throughout its 20-year history.
Autokiniton Global Group to Acquire Tower International for $31 Per Share in Cash
Autokiniton Global Group, a leading North American supplier of metal-formed components and complex assemblies to the automotive industry, and Tower International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of engineered automotive structural metal components and assemblies, today announced they have entered into a definitive agreement for AGG to acquire Tower for $31 per share in cash. AGG is a portfolio company of KPS Capital Partners ("KPS"), a leading global private equity firm with over $5.0 billion of assets under management.
The global traffic road marking coatings market size is likely to reach USD 6.30 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 5.0%
The global traffic road marking coatings market size is likely to reach USD 6.30 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 5.0%. Technological advancement is an important factor for market growth as countries are becoming more concerned about public health and safety. Growing environmental concerns are driving the need for greener products in a bid to promote a healthy environment. Paints are regarded as a major source of harmful VOC emissions. This has resulted in the development of thermoplastic coatings and other eco-friendly alternatives. Rising cases of road fatalities is another primary concern, which is forcing regional governments to invest in technological development to ensure highway safety and maintenance. There is a need for technological development to deal with such issues efficiently and improve the global economic condition as well. Manufacturers are taking initiatives to develop innovative marking systems and temperature-sensitive paints, which, in turn, is boosting the market growth. Various initiatives to improve road safety and maintenance and prevent accidents are expected to influence the overall market positively. Key manufacturers in this market include Automark Technologies Sherwin-Williams Company, Geveko Markings, Ennis-Flint, Crown Technologies, and Swarco AG. Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Thermoplastic coatings emerged as the fastest-growing product segment over the forecast period
- Thermoplastic markings are applied in a thick/built up layer to create rumble strips. This coating sets quickly and will adhere strongly to the surface
- In terms of volume, paint was the largest segment in 2018 with a market share of around 44.30% and is likely to maintain dominance in future
- The Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast years
- In North America, the Government has rolled out initiatives to enhance road infrastructure and encourage the development of durable, high-performance products with enhanced visibility and skid resistance