Ukraine court puts Orthodox leader under house arrest
A Ukrainian court ordered a leading Orthodox priest who is accused by authorities of condoning Russia's invasion to be put under house arrest on Saturday.
Metropolitan Pavel, the abbot of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra monastery, Ukraine's most revered Orthodox site, has denied the charges. A hearing Saturday had been adjourned until Monday after the priest said he was feeling unwell.
ALSO READ
-
Ukraine says it hit oil pumping station in Russia's Vladimir region
-
Russia uses hypersonic Oreshnik missile in mass attack on Kyiv
-
German foreign minister condemns Russia's attacks on Ukraine as escalation
-
UPDATE 4-Russia hits Ukraine with Oreshnik missile in one of war's biggest attacks on Kyiv
-
France condemns Russian overnight attack on Ukraine with ballistic missile
Google News