Russia calls down on US sanctions against crisis-hit Venezuela
U.S. sanctions imposed on Venezuela's state oil company are illegal and Russia will take all necessary steps to support the administration of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was quoted as saying on Tuesday. Lavrov said the sanctions amounted to an attempt by the United States to confiscate Venezuelan state assets, Russian news agencies quoted him as saying.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Athletics-Russian race walker Kirdyapkina gets doping ban - CAS
- Russian-Ukrainian political operative was at Trump inauguration -filing
- Russian interference in elections not discussed with Trump says AG Matthew Whitaker
- UPDATE 1-Mueller eyes Manafort meeting with Russian partner in 2016 -court filing
- Russian official: Another nuclear pact with US in trouble