Phil Mickelson bags Pebble Beach Pro-Am, equals Mark O'Meara's record
Phil Mickelson won the Pebble Beach Pro-Am by three strokes on Monday, equalling Mark O'Meara's record of five victories in the storied northern California event. Mickelson recorded his 44th PGA Tour victory in style with a closing seven-under-par 65 at Pebble Beach.
He finished at 19-under 268, while Englishman Paul Casey (71) birdied the final hole for second place on 16-under. Mickelson and Casey were the only players who did not complete the event on Sunday night. Mickelson sealed the victory with a tap-in par at the 17th and a birdie at the last to match Tiger Woods with 14 victories in his native California.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-Golf-Officials clarify rule after players left confused
- Report: Magic, Lakers players to meet following Davis fiasco
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-Ten players killed as fire sweeps through Flamengo lodging in Rio
- It's a cream game: Cagliari players stalled by farmers' milk price protest
- Soccer: Leading clubs stockpile players to hoover best talent as possible