Devdiscourse
Development News Edition
Give Feedback
write for Us

Ethiopia: 4 agro-processing industrial parks to be inaugurated in June 2019


Devdiscourse News Desk addis ababa Ethiopia
Updated: 06-02-2019 19:48 IST
Ethiopia: 4 agro-processing industrial parks to be inaugurated in June 2019

Once the agro-processing park becomes operational, 80 to 100 investors are likely to engage and 80 percent of them will be local and the rest 20 percent will be foreigners. Image Credit: YouTube / Rick Steves' Europe

Ethiopia is all set to inaugurate four integrated agro-processing industrial parks before June 2019.

According to the announcement done by the Ministry of Trade and Industry on February 5, the industrial parks were supposed to be inaugurated last January but they were delayed due to redesigning works.

"Construction of the pilot integrated agro-processing industrial parks that cost USD 10 billion, excluding electric power supply cost, is expected to be completed until June this year," Ayalneh Abawa, Advisor for Integrated Agro-processing Parks in the ministry said.

The pilot agro-processing parks have been under construction since 2016. The electric power coupled with the shortage of foreign currency remains to be a challenge to complete them as per the stipulated time period, Journal du Cameroun reported.

Once the agro-processing park becomes operational, 80 to 100 investors are likely to engage and 80 percent of them will be local and the rest 20 percent will be foreigners. It is also revealed that the remaining identified pan-Ethiopia agro-industry corridors would be commissioned after a year since the completion of four agro-processing industrial parks in June this year.

Also Read: Ethiopia plans to increase operational industrial parks from 5 to 30

COUNTRY : Ethiopia

POST A COMMENT