Bilateral cooperation between Zambia and China must be strengthened, urges lawmaker
China and Zambia should continue strengthening bilateral cooperation, which has helped the South African country's economic transformation, a Zambian lawmaker said on February 12.
The cooperation has brought economic and social benefit to the Zambian people, said Frank Ng'ambi, a lawmaker from Chifubu constituency that covers Chifubu and northern Ndola in Copperbelt Province. China has been an all-weather friend to Zambia, providing support for projects including the Tanzania-Zambia Railway, he said, as reported by Xinhua.
The projects have improved local people's living standard, and have successfully transferred knowledge and skills to the Zambian people, he added. The two countries enjoy bilateral ties for the last 55 years, the lawmaker said, expressing hope that the relations would be further strengthened.
- Zambia’s Chibuluma Mine ranks 9th as world’s top copper producers
- Zambia Airways’ relaunch postponed again till third quarter of 2019
- Zambia infrastructure minister arrested on corruption charge
- Zambia gets new GIS tech from US to fight deforestation
- Zambia declares formation of cybercrime squad to combat abuse in social media