Macron: condemns attacks on Israel, spoke to Netanyahu and Abbas
French President Emmanuel Macron on Saturday condemned the attacks against Israel, and said he had discussed the situation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and other regional leaders. The French presidency said Macron had held talks with Abbas, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Lebanon's caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati.
French President Emmanuel Macron on Saturday condemned the attacks against Israel, and said he had discussed the situation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and other regional leaders.
The French presidency said Macron had held talks with Abbas, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Lebanon's caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati. "The President expressed his concerns over the situation and reminded each of them of the importance of condemning unequivocally the terrorist attacks against Israel, its soldiers and its people," said a statement from Macron's Elysee office.
Macron had written earlier on Saturday that he had spoken with Netanyahu and Israel President Isaac Herzog. "France stands in solidarity with Israel and the Israelis, committed to their security and their right to defend themselves," he said on social media platform X.
ALSO READ
-
Svitolina Triumphs Over Gauff, Signals French Open Ambitions
-
Elina Svitolina Triumphs in Rome, Sets Sights on French Open Glory
-
French Judge to Probe Saudi Crown Prince's Involvement in Khashoggi Killing
-
French Judge to Lead Inquiry Into Khashoggi Killing
-
Jannik Sinner's Unstoppable Streak Ahead of French Open Glory
Google News