Two-judge SC bench delivers split verdict on control of services in Delhi
A two-judge bench of the Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a split verdict on the issue of transfer and posting of Delhi government officers. While Justice A.K. Sikri said transfers and postings of Joint Secretaries and officers above will be in the domain of Lieutenant Governor; for those below them, the recommendation will be routed through the Council of Ministers of the elected government in Delhi.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- NEWSMAKER-El Salvador's incoming president, shunned by ruling party, forged own path
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate breaks from Trump with Syria troop vote
- LHP Blevins takes minor league deal with A's
- Saudi-led coalition transfers US-made weapons to militants in Yemen: Report
- Pakistan following China's path to bring people out of poverty: PM Khan