BJP-Congress government’s example of state terror says Mayawati
BSP Chief Mayawati took to Twitter to lambast both national parties and said, “Congress government in Madhya Pradesh is like BJP and has slapped atrocious NSA against Muslims for cow slaughter. Now, the UP BJP government has booked 14 AMU students under notorious sedition charges. Both are the example of state terror and are condemnable. People should decide what is the difference between Congress and BJP government?”
As per media reports, 14 Aligarh Muslim University students, including their union chief, were booked on Wednesday under sedition charges after protests on the campus.
A few days back on February 7, Congress leader Naseem Khan had also slammed chief minister Kamal Nath-led Madhya Pradesh government for invoking NSA for cow protection in the state.
On February 5, the National Security Act (NSA) was invoked against three persons accused of illegal cow slaughter in the communally sensitive Khandwa region, said the police.
The incident took place on Friday in Khandwa. The three accused had escaped taking advantage of the dark. The NSA has been slapped by police against the accused with the consent of the district administration. (ANI)
- Government to grant properties in Sumner for new skate park and green space
- 130 students arrested so far in "pay-to-stay" sting operation: US official
- Government to soon launch National Artificial Intelligence Portal: Goyal
- Government announces 'Kamdhenu Yojana' for cows
- Narendra Modi-led government moving towards realising 'New India by 2022': FM