Group of saints, seers take holy dip on occasion of Mauni Amavasya at Prayagraj
Massive security arrangements were in place on the procession route of Akharas and bathing ghats.
The 3rd bathing festival on the occasion of Mauni Amavasya took place yesterday at Prayagraj Kumbh. The festival attracted massive crowds and the bathing continued till late midnight. The Second Shahi Snan (royal bathing) of Akharas also took place yesterday. First of all, the group of saints and seers of Mahanirvani and Atal Akhara of Sanyasis took the holy dip 'Shahi Snan'. It concluded with the royal bathing of Nirmal Akhara of Bairagi sect.
The festival passed off peacefully. Massive security arrangements were in place on the procession route of Akharas and bathing ghats. A large number of security forces including 37 companies of central paramilitary forces, 20 companies PAC, police forces from other states and teams of NSG, ATS, STF were deployed for the safety of devotees on Mauni Amavasya. All sensitive places and bathing Ghats were manned by the security forces.
Several langars (charity kitchens) were set up by local residents to offer food and refreshment to devotees on the way to Sangam.
(With Inputs from PIB)
- 10 Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur in clash with security forces
- Uproar, protest by BJP legislators forces Karnataka assembly to adjourn
- Ten Naxals killed in encounter with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district: Police.
- Bomb threat forces Norwegian flight with 169 passengers to return
- PM Modi says Congress does not want India's armed forces to be strong