Govt. of Zambia drops hosting 2019 Africa Cup of Nations due to inadequate funds
The government of Zambia recently declared that the country won't bid to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
According to Muma Mukupa, spokesperson of Ministry of Sports, the Southern African country has declined to host 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as the cost of hosting the continental soccer showpiece was not factored into the 2019 national budget which has already passed.
He further said that government is happy that Football Association of Zambia expressed interested to bid to host 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, but the nation currently is not capable to host a tournament of such magnitude.
Earlier, Cameroon was dropped from hosting the tournament due to excessive delays in making the arrangement to stage the continental showpiece.
- Zambia gets new GIS tech from US to fight deforestation
- Zambia declares formation of cybercrime squad to combat abuse in social media
- Zambia infrastructure minister arrested on corruption charge
- Ronald Chitotela’s arrest boosts confidence in Zambia’s law system, says Dora Siliya
- Zambian govt to harmonize trade balance with China, pitches Minister in Addis Ababa