Blackbuck found dead under mysterious circumstances in Greater Noida
The carcass of the blackbuck, which finds a place in the International Union for Conservation of Nature's list of threatened species, was found in the agricultural fields in the Rabupura area in the morning, they added.
"It may have died after getting entangled in the metal wires set up by farmers in their fields to keep off Nilgais (an Antelope species), but we are awaiting the autopsy report for a confirmation of the cause of the death," Divisional Forest Officer P K Shrivastava said.
He added that the Forest Department would be probing the role of humans in the incidents involving blackbucks, which were present in "huge numbers" in the area.
"A special squad has been formed under a range officer to ascertain if the locals or outsiders are targeting the species," Shrivastava said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Alarming rise of communal incidents in TMC regime: Rajnath
- West Bengal governor submits report to Home Minister Rajnath Singh over incidents that unfolded in Kolkata: Raj Bhavan sources.
- Himachal governor says 10 foreign nationals arrested last year in drug peddling incidents
- Over one lakh incidents of seven major crimes reported in
- Terrorist incidents in JK up by 614 in 2018: Parliament told