Exercise SCO Peace Mission 2018 formally kick-starts today
The SCO Peace Mission Exercise is one of the major defense cooperation initiatives amongst SCO nations and will be a landmark event in the history of SCO defense cooperation.
Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018, the latest in 'Peace Mission' series formally started on 24 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Russia. The opening ceremony was conducted in Chebarkul, Russia with military contingents of the all eight SCO member nations participating in this exercise. The contingents were addressed by Lieutenant General Alexander Pavlovich Lapin, Chief Commander Central Military District, Russia. The formal parade by military contingents was performed at the camp location of Combined Arms Range in Chebarkul, Russia.
The exercise will provide an opportunity to the armed forces of SCO nations to train in counter-terrorism operations in an urban scenario in a multinational and joint environment. The scope of the exercise includes professional interaction, mutual understanding of drills & procedures, the establishment of joint command and control structures and the elimination of terrorist threat in the urban counter-terrorist scenario.
The Russian Army has the major participation of 1700 personnel followed by China with 700 and India with 200 personnel. The SCO Peace Mission Exercise is one of the major defense cooperation initiatives amongst SCO nations and will be a landmark event in the history of SCO defense cooperation.
(With inputs from PIB)
- Russia calls for negotiations between Maduro and opposition to resolve deadlock
- INSIGHT-After deadly Syrian battle, evidence of Russian losses was obscured
- US study claims Twitter bots from Russia, Iran were active during Nov midterms
- Emerging market stock indices surge in rally led by strong Russian gains
- Russian defence minister sees need for new missiles before 2021 to counter US