Demonetisation was "disaster" for country: Mamata Banerjee
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Thursday said that demonetisation was a "disaster" for the country on its second anniversary.
The chief minister said she had been describing it as a "dark day" since demonetisation was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2016.
"#DarkDay Today is the second anniversary of #DeMonetisation disaster. From the moment it was announced I said so," Banerjee wrote on her Twitter handle. "Renowned economists, common people and all experts now agree," she said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- My govt took honest steps to improve condition of farmers, working class, says Modi in West Bengal.
- PM Modi cuts short speech at West Bengal's Thakurnagar rally amid stampede-like situation, ends address in 14 minutes.
- PM Modi in West Bengal Live: Crowds begin to gather at Thakurnagar for rally, set to begin at 12pm
- Android users stunned by random retweets in timeline; Twitter confirms bug
- Villages neglected for many, many years after Independence: PM Narendra Modi at an event in West Bengal.