Maduro makes 'terrible mistake' in blocking Venezuela aid: Trump
Washington, Feb 13 (AFP) President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that Venezuela's leftist leader Nicolas Maduro is "making a terrible mistake" by blocking US humanitarian aid. Trump said it was "sad" that the oil-rich Latin American country is in "turmoil" and said Washington has still not ruled out sending troops to the region.
Trump was meeting with Colombian President Ivan Duque at the White House to discuss the crisis in Venezuela. Maduro accuses the United States of using the blocked aid shipments as part of a plot to overthrow his government.
- Snow traps thousands of cars on Italy motorway, 200 occupants rescued
- Colombian rebel dissident leader killed in military operation
- Devastating floods in Australia force evacuation of thousands of people
- Thousands of Tunisia teachers march to PM office demanding better wages
- Colombian state run Trasandino pipeline damaged in bomb attack in Narino Province