Smriti Irani paves way for stoppage of superfast train in UP's Amethi
With the 2019 Lok Sabha election around the corner, the railways have given nod for the stoppage of a superfast train in Uttar Pradesh's Amethi district, following a request from Union minister Smriti Irani. Irani had contested the 2014 general election from the high-profile Amethi constituency but had lost to Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
In a letter to Irani, Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said the Pratapgarh-Bhopal Express would stop at Jais station -- 31 km from Amethi town. "I am happy to inform you that in deference to your request, it has been decided to provide stoppage of train no. 12183/12184 Pratapgarh-Bhopal Express at Jais station. Hope this will go a long way in providing better connectivity to the travelling passengers," Goyal wrote in the letter, which was tweeted by Irani.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- BRIEF-Singapore Law Firm Rajah & Tann Confirms Letter Sent To Wirecard On Feb 3 Says Its Inquiry Has Made "No Conclusive Findings Of Criminal Misconduct"
- Shergill stakes claim from Anandpur Sahib for LS polls, submits letter to Punjab cong
- Kharge-Centre row over CBI appointment continues as Kharge writes letter to Jaitley
- Maduro letter to Pope for help in process of facilitating and reinforcing dialogue
- Pope praises girl who zipped by security to give him letter