Left Menu
Development News Edition

Second COVID-19 case detected in Andamans, says Chief Secretary

The Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday reported its second positive case of COVID-19. The man who tested positive had travelled with the first positive coronavirus patient of the Union territory.

ANI | Port Blair (Andaman And Nicobar Islands) | Updated: 27-03-2020 09:32 IST | Created: 27-03-2020 09:32 IST
Second COVID-19 case detected in Andamans, says Chief Secretary
Representative Image. Image Credit: ANI

The Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday reported its second positive case of COVID-19. The man who tested positive had travelled with the first positive coronavirus patient of the Union territory. Chetan Sanghi, Chief Secretary of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, said both the patients have been kept in an isolation ward of a hospital and necessary health protocols are being followed.

"Second positive case of COVID-19 in Andamans He had travelled with the first positive case. Both in Hospital and protocols being followed," he tweeted. On Thursday, the first coronavirus positive case was reported from Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Earlier, the Chief Secretary had urged people to not panic or believe rumours. He assured them door delivery of groceries and medicines amid total lockdown in the Union Territory. "Orders issued for door delivery of all grocery items in the neighborhood from one grocery store in each ward. Select pharmacies will supply medicines also to people at their doorsteps," he tweeted.

In a bid to contain COVID-19 spread, Prime Minister Narendra Modi called a nationwide 21-day-long lockdown which started from March 25. He urged people to stay home and maintain social distancing to prevent the transmission of coronavirus. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare had earlier on Thursday reported 88 new COVID-19 cases, which is the highest in a single day, taking the total countrywide tally to 694. (ANI)

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Download The Devdiscourse News App for Latest News.


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

Workplaces post-COVID 19: Tech innovations to catalyze a remote working culture

Due to lockdowns imposed in several countries, work-from-home culture has literally jumped into almost every company in the world whether they were ready or not....

All party meeting - Blocking dialogue not culture of Bengal, Mamata needs to speak up

If that happens, history will record it as the dark age of Bengal....

Diya Jalao for COVID 19: How Modi put Power Grids and power warriors at risk?

While Prime Minister Narendra Modis staunch supporters are busy in search of hidden science behind the sudden announcement of 9minutes9pm campaign but his ignorance of the actual science has put the nation in another danger. The scientists ...

'Diya jalao' for COVID 19: Modi needs to practice his teachings and control fake news on social media

In his video message to the nation on Friday the Prime Minister talks about peoples collective power to win the invincible. However, he has made no concreate efforts to win over the confidence and represent the collective power of the polit...

Videos

Latest News

Lockdown: Hotels closed, cooks busy at community kitchens

Rajesh Shah used to cook food at a hotel in Kankurgachi area of the city for years but now lockdown in force and his employer downing shutter he is preparing meal at a community kitchen for hundreds of essential service workers and street b...

Dutch confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 5.3% to 18,803 -authorities

The number of confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in the Netherlands has risen by 952, or 5.3, to 18,803, health authorities said, with 101 new deaths.The Netherlands Institute for Public Health RIVM said in its daily update that total d...

Hafeez, Malik should retire gracefully: Ramiz Raja

Former Pakistan captain and well-known commentator Ramiz Raja has advised senior players Muhammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik to take retirement from international cricket. They should leave international cricket with respect and gracefully, h...

Badminton: BWF suspends all its tournaments till July

The Badminton World Federation BWF on Monday suspended a host of its flagship international, junior and para tournaments scheduled from May to July in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. It comprises many Grade 2 and 3 events including HSBC ...

Give Feedback