RLSP breakes ties with BJP, may move to join UPA tomorrow
A senior Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) leader said talks between his party and the UPA constituents are almost final and an announcement by Kushwaha on joining it is likely to be made at a press conference on Thursday.
RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav, Hindustani Awam Morcha (Secular) founder Jitan Ram Manjhi and a Congress representative are likely to be present during the announcement.
Opposition leader Sharad Yadav may also attend the event.
Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel had met Kushwaha after the latter quit the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance.
Besides BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's JD(U) and Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan's LJP are other constituents of the NDA.
The saffron alliance had swept the Lok Sabha elections in 2014, winning 31 of the state's 40 seats.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- High-level BJP delegation to approach EC on West Bengal issues
- Assam govt registers 251 sedition cases since BJP-led alliance came to power
- Mamata accuses BJP govt of cheating farmers before elections
- BJP digging out old cases against those who oppose them: Andhra CM
- Cong would need to ally with regional supremos to defeat BJP in 2019 polls