PM Modi to address rally at Solapur in south Maharashtra on Jan 9
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address a rally at Solapur in south Maharashtra on January 9. He would also launch a few development projects of the state government on this occasion, a BJP source said. BJP president Amit Shah is slated to address a meeting of the party's booth-level workers at Latur in central Maharashtra Sunday. The BJP source said that Modi and Shah's scheduled visits to the state indicate the party is getting into election mode as Lok Sabha polls are near.
Earlier this week, Shah reportedly asked the party's Maharashtra MPs to be prepared to contest coming elections alone if an alliance with the Shiv Sena did not materialise. BJP is in alliance with the Sena in Maharashtra and at the Centre. The Sena has been critical of the BJP and its leaders have spoken of contesting the Lok Sabha elections alone.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Thai Princess Ubolratana to stand as PM candidate in upcoming elections
- BJP president Amit Shah pitches for "purity" in poll funding
- Thailand king says sister's candidature for upcoming elections is unconstitutional
- BJP President Amit Shah says if 'thugs' win elections, country's growth will decline
- With number of upcoming elections across Africa, Facebook working on 8 key areas